November 3, 2011

never never land

This week I've been MIA because of an impromptu business trip.  Womp, womp, womp.  But now I'm back!  (This is where I take a few deep breaths and remind myself that work isn't my real life, it's just where all the dollar bills come from...)

Anyway, all the work and no play really made me feel like an adult, which in turn made me think about how much I don't want to grow up.  Call me Peter Pan, but old people are boring.  They talk about paying bills, and they monitor their fiber intake.  They forget how to be spontaneous, and they lose sleep worrying about things they cannot control.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to shirk responsibility.  I know I'll have to work for the rest of my life to support my family (I wasn't born into the lucky gene pool), and I will have to do things that aren't always fun, too.  But I hope in my life, though my age will continue to get higher and higher each year, I will remember to have a sense of humor and a wild imagination.  There are so many parts of being a kid that are so great-- the energy, the creativity, the never-letting-it-cross-your-mind-that-you're-not-big-enough-smart-enough-good-enough-to-do-something mentality.   I feel like this is one of those situations where you can have your cake and eat it, too.  And why shouldn't I?


Last Thursday, my boyfriend and I went to see Peter Pan 360 on Boston's City Hall.  For those who don't know, its a traveling play of Peter Pan with a crew from London that is set up in downtown Boston until December 1st.  And if you haven't guessed already,  I was OBSESSED!  Literally, my mouth was wide open the entire time.  My family knows this glazed over, nobody's home look well, and they often recommend I don't "do that face" in public.  But this show is so worth it.  Spoiler alert: they fly.  And it's awesome.  You should GO.  That's all.


Going to Never Never Land doesn't appeal to me.  Lost boys are dirty, Captain Hook and his crew probably smell so bad, and there are no mothers and fathers!  I want to live a full life but I never want to grow old.  Keeping my childhood close to my heart sounds about right.

I'm going on an adventure tomorrow, and I can't wait to share.  Stop by to check it out!


"Never give up, never slow down, never grow old, never ever die young."  - James Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment